Kerawalapitiya Power Plant stops electricity generation as it has run out of fuel
Electricity Generation at the Kerawalapitiya Power Plant was suspended today morning (March 25), as the power plant had run out of fuel.
This was confirmed by the Ceylon Electricity Board.
A few days ago, the Sapugaskanda oil refinery was also shut down due to lack of crude oil for refining.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023