Lahiru Kumara ruled out from Cricket World Cup 2023
Lahiru Kumara has been ruled out from the remaining matches of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 following an injury.
Dushmantha Chameera is to replace him in the side and his name has been sent for ICC Event Technical Committee for approval.
Lahiru Kumara, the hero of Sri Lanka’s eight-wicket win over England, had complained of pain during Saturday’s training session.
He picked up 3-35 against England and was named man-of-the-match for his brilliant spell of seam bowling.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023