Levy on kilo of imported Mackerel increased to Rs.100
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Minister has approved a proposal to increase the Special Commodity Levy (SCL) imposed on import of Mackerel Fish for production of canned fish by Rs 50 to Rs 100 per kilogram.
The trade levy which was increased to Rs.100 a kilo in 2013 was reduced to Rs.50 last year.
However, the expected relief had not reached the consumers while the import of canned fish had increased to 40,000metric tons last year at a cost Rs.10 billion in foreign exchange.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023