Litro chairman Vijitha Herath tenders resignation
Litro Gas Chairman Vijitha Herath has resigned from his position with effect from today (June 10).
Engineer Vijitha Herath was the former Chairman of Sri Lanka Insurance and Ceylon Electricity Board (2019 – 2021).
On the 21st of April, He was appointed as the chairman of state-run Litro Gas Lanka Limited after former Litro chairman Theshara Jayasinghe resigned on April 14th, accusing the gas supplier for institutional corruption and other irregularities.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023