Mahinda congratulates Xi Jinping on re-election as Communist Party’s General Secretary
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa congratulated Chinese President Xi Jinping on his re-election as the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
He said in a message to Xi Jinping that the election results have re-confirmed the strength and courage that his leadership holds and the broad public support for a people centric policy towards the accelerated socioeconomic development of China.
It also strengthens China’s standing in the international arena.
“My administration foresaw the strategic importance of the Belt & Road Initiative back in 2013 which helped Sri Lanka to enrich its national development agenda.
Our government is looking forward to continuing its strong cooperation with China, under your leadership, to further strengthen our bilateral relations and I also look forward to working with you and your government to further the development agendas of both our nations,” he said.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023