Mahinda Rajapaksa attends Parliament sessions
Former Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa attended parliament sessions today (May 18).
This is the first time Mahinda Rajapaksa made an appearance in public after resigning as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka on the 9th of May.
The former Prime Minister was at the Trincomalee Navy base during the past few days due to security concerns, after the 9th of May violence.
Former Minister Namal Rajapaksa was also seen in Parliament today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023