Main suspect over brutal murder of five in Delft Island arrested
The Delft Police arrested the main suspect in the brutal killing of five persons in a house in the Delft Island in Jaffna, last night (April 22).
Police said the 51-year-old suspect was arrested on Saturday night (April 22) at a house in the Punkudutivu area.
Police also recovered three gold necklaces, two pairs of gold bangles, eight rings, one pair of earrings, a gold pendant and two mobile phones in the possession of the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly returned to the country after living in Germany for about 20 years.
Five persons were found hacked to death in a house in the Delft Island in Jaffna on Saturday morning (April 22).
Accordingly, three females and two males were found brutally hacked to death, while another female was admitted to the Jaffna Teaching Hospital after sustaining serious cut injuries.
The injured woman has also been identified to have returned to Sri Lanka from abroad.
Police mentioned that all the victims were adults and that it was revealed in the investigations that they all were relatives.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023