Malini Fonseka to retake oaths on Oct 9
Posted in Local News
Actress, Malini Fonseka is set to take her oaths as a Parliamentarian again on October 9 when the next parliamentary session is scheduled to be held.
Deputy Speaker Chandima Weerakkody stated that Malini Fonseka will retake her oaths as an MP after she resigned from her post as MP on Monday (September 24).
Malini Fonseka told Ada Derana on Monday that she will withdraw her resignation as the President has declined to accept it.
Presidential Spokesman Bandula Jayasekera confirmed that President Mahinda Rajapaksa has declined to accept the resignation of the veteran actress.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023