Minister busts PMB Officer
Posted in Local News
Minister of Trade Johnston Fernando busted a Paddy Marketing Board officer stealing 25 metric tons of paddy from a Paddy Marketing Board (PMB) warehouse in Diyabeduma, Polonnaruwa.
“A paddy marketing board officer stole 25 metric tons of paddy from a warehouse to sell,” Minister of Trade Johnston Fernando said. The officer was busted with the four Lorries transporting the paddy, the Minister said.
According to the Minister he received a tip off and he alerted the police in the area who acted promptly. A provincial councillor was arrested in this regard and the PMB officer was also charged.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
THese crooks must be severely punished as an example for the other crooks in govt depts to refrain from carrying out such crimes in the future. I sincerely hope they will get what they deserve.
Congratulations dear Hon Minister JF for your prompt action on tip-off to nab this dishonest PMB officer! Others involved should also be identified by police investigation and arrested. They should all be charged and when found guilty should receive heavy sentences with no mercy. As Sisira stated, the PMB crook and the others involved should be made an example of. The Hon President should also thank Hon JF for his prompt action, and the man who tipped-off the Minister should also be rewarded, to encourage others also to come forward with such alerts to rid Motherlanka of evil crooks, who are selfish and avaricious. They are also TRAITORS!
WE SHOULD HAVE MORE HONEST MINISTERS OF THE CALIBRE OF HON JOHNSTON FERNANDO! I AM GLAD HE DEFECTED FROM UNP, WHERE HE WOULD HAVE NO CHANCE OF PROGRESSING AND WORKING FOR THE GOOD OF MOTHERLANKA.
Well Done, Hon. Minister, Get your Flying Squad on the move.There are are many more wolves preying on the poor farmers’ harvest and depriving the country of hard earned income.
This is the dumb minister who dumped a large consignment of coconuts imported from India in to the ocean! Trying to do something right after his foolish act earlier.
Udu Have You been perfect all your life. So stop pointing the the finger at others and look at yourself man. Don’t be so miserable.