NCP: Now, Berty warns govt. of mass defections unless he is appointed CM
Former Chief Minister of the North-Central Province Berty Premalal Dissanayake yesterday claimed that 120 UPFA LG members had handed over letters to the party hierarchy demanding that he be appointed the Chief Minister. Unless their wish was granted, they might even break ranks, he said
S. M. Ranjith had been appointed Chief Minister by his own brother S. M. Chandrasena and it could not be accepted, he said, adding that the Chief Minister had to be appointed by the General Secretary of the party and so far he had not performed that duty.
“If the post is given on merit I am the most suitable and a majority of the members of the council expect me to be re-appointed as Chief Minister” he said.
Courtesy: The Island
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
YES YES YES HE IS THE MOST QUALIFIED. HE KNOWS HOW SWEET IS THE OFFICE.
No one bothered about people who voted,they always think about their own benefits.