NCP: Now, Berty warns govt. of mass defections unless he is appointed CM
Former Chief Minister of the North-Central Province Berty Premalal Dissanayake yesterday claimed that 120 UPFA LG members had handed over letters to the party hierarchy demanding that he be appointed the Chief Minister. Unless their wish was granted, they might even break ranks, he said
S. M. Ranjith had been appointed Chief Minister by his own brother S. M. Chandrasena and it could not be accepted, he said, adding that the Chief Minister had to be appointed by the General Secretary of the party and so far he had not performed that duty.
“If the post is given on merit I am the most suitable and a majority of the members of the council expect me to be re-appointed as Chief Minister” he said.
Courtesy: The Island
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023