‘No need to issue arrest warrant on Duminda’
Colombo Additional Magistrate Prasanna Alwis today said there was no need to issue an arrest warrant on MP Duminda Silva, as the CID had not informed Court that they were unable to arrest the suspect.
The Magistrate told this to the counsel who appeared for Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra’s widow and said if they wanted they could take alternative measures.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023