Organic fertlizer should be introduced gradually – Former President
Former President Maithripala Sirisena on Sunday said that the Government doesn’t give an ear to the concerns raised by him.
He made these remarks after a discussion with the farmers who have launched a fast in the heart of Bakamuna town demanding chemical fertilizer for their cultivations.
The former President said he tried to introduce organic fertilizer to the farmers.“I was unable to implement the project due to the lethargic attitude of the Government servants”, he said
He said that he is also for the organic farming but this programme cannot be implemented overnight.
“Organic farming should be introduced to the farmers gradually. I made a request from the Government to reduce the import of chemical fertilizer to the country gradually.
(Source: Daily News – By Sarath Welagedara)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023