Over 16 kg of heroin found inside a container arrived from Pakistan
Sri Lanka Customs has impounded around 16 kg of heroin found inside a container which arrived from Pakistan and three suspects were also arrested.
Sri Lanka Customs said the stock of heroin was concealed in a container with potatoes.
Based on intelligence information received by the port control unit of the Sri Lanka Customs, the refrigerated container in question was inspected and approximately 16 kg and 193 g of heroin was found concealed inside.
Sri Lanka Customs is conducting further reinvestigations while the arrested suspects and heroin haul will be handed over to the Police Narcotics Control Unit following the inquiries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023