OVER 650 COMPLAINTS OF FRAUD COMMITED USING FACEBOOK
The Sri Lanka Computer Emergency response team says it has received over 650 complaints regarding frauds committed using social networking website Facebook.
Senior information security engineer Rohana Palliyaguru said that a majority of these complaints are regarding fake Facebook accounts.
He noted that steps have been taken to suspend many such Facebook accounts.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023