Pardon Ranjan Ramanayake tomorrow – Sajith
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa says he strongly believes that former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake will receive full Presidential pardon on Independence Day.
Speaking to media after visiting Ranjan Ramanayake this morning, MP Premadasa requested the President to issue Ramanayake a pardon tomorrow on humanitarian grounds.
The Opposition Leader said they hope the former MP will be released as he has served the public by even contributing his salary and allowances to the public.
MP Premadasa said according to their knowledge, lists have been complied for thousands of individuals to receive pardons tomorrow to mark Independence Day.
He said former MP Ramanayake deserves to be on top of the list.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
What a joker?
Even better, what a beggar?