President must reveal stance on MCC – Anura Dissanayake
Leader of the JVP Anura Kumara Dissanayake says the JVP revealed to the public that two stages of the Millennium Challenge Corporation agreement were signed by the former government.
Speaking at a media briefing in Colombo Dissanayake said President Gotabaya Rajapaksa should reveal his stance to the people pertaining to the MCC agreement.
He claimed that financial provisions that arrive through the MCC agreement require a pre agreement signing.
Dissanayake said Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, who has 50 years of experience of being a Member of Parliament, should be aware of the measures in place when agreements are reached.
The JVP leader noted that the report handed over to the President yesterday, pertaining to the MCC review, detailed two agreements that were signed that Dissanayake said, was revealed to the public by the JVP in the past.
He claimed that merely signing the pre agreement, does not bind the government.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
Very good Mr. AKD. When Yaha Palanaya signed the MCC two times you were sleeping. Now the election is around the corner you are trying to ride on MCC to get your 3% increased.