President must reveal stance on MCC – Anura Dissanayake
Leader of the JVP Anura Kumara Dissanayake says the JVP revealed to the public that two stages of the Millennium Challenge Corporation agreement were signed by the former government.
Speaking at a media briefing in Colombo Dissanayake said President Gotabaya Rajapaksa should reveal his stance to the people pertaining to the MCC agreement.
He claimed that financial provisions that arrive through the MCC agreement require a pre agreement signing.
Dissanayake said Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, who has 50 years of experience of being a Member of Parliament, should be aware of the measures in place when agreements are reached.
The JVP leader noted that the report handed over to the President yesterday, pertaining to the MCC review, detailed two agreements that were signed that Dissanayake said, was revealed to the public by the JVP in the past.
He claimed that merely signing the pre agreement, does not bind the government.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023