President’s attention focuses on issues arising from budget proposals
The special attention of the President Maithripala Sirisena has been drawn to certain issues arisen from the budget proposals and the suggestions and grievances made by the public and the trade unions.
The President, as a People’s President and as the Head of the Government, which is a people-friendly government, emphasized the importance of listening to the policy disagreements arisen within the public as well as the trade unions and the importance of discussing before come into the final conclusion.
President Maithripala Sirisena invited the relevant stakeholders for a discussion regarding the doubtful areas of the budget 2016.
Already, the attention of the President has been drawn to the demands made by the trade unions and he is expected to hold discussions as soon as possible with the relevant stakeholders in this regard based on practical and justifiable solutions to the problem.
The discussion is scheduled to be held after the President’s return to the country on December 16, after completion of the State Visit to the Vatican.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
with God on our side nothing can go wrong