Price of cigarette increased from today
Posted in Local News
The prices of each cigarette category has been increased with effect from today (September 01), cigarette companies said.
They said the prices of cigarettes will be increased by Rs. 3, Rs. 5, Rs. 10 and Rs. 15 each.
Presenting the interim budget for the remainder of the fiscal year 2022, President Ranil Wickremesinghe said VAT would be increased from 12% to 15% effective from September 01.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023