Prices of airline tickets issued in Sri Lanka increased by 27% from today
Prices of all airline tickets issued from Sri Lanka have been increased by 27% from today due to the depreciation of the Sri Lanka Rupee against US Dollar, The Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka (CAA) announced today (March 11).
According to the CAA chairman, the prices of airline tickets would go up by 27% with effect from today (March 11).
The rate of exchange for one US dollar increased to LKR 259.99 from the previously traded amount of LKR 203.66.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023