Prices of wheat flour and sugar increased
Posted in Local News
The price of a kilogram of wheat flour has been increased by Rs. 10 while the price of a kilogram of sugar has been increased by Rs. 25 with immediate effect.
This was announced by the Essential Food Commodities Importers and Traders Association.
This price revision has taken place after yesterday’s (May 07) announcement by the Ministry of Finance that the Customs duty concession of Rs. 3 per kilogram of wheat flour has been removed.
State Minister of Finance Ranjith Siyambalapitiya however said that there will be no change in the price of wheat flour due to the duty revision.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023