Prime minister responds to those who pose blame about archaeological monuments
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa said that certain groups that did not protect even a single archaeological a site or a treasure depository while they were holding on to power, were today slinging mud at him regarding archaeological monuments.
Participating at a people’s rally held at Badalkumbura in Moneragala yesterday the Prime Minister said that every time his government was in power, action had been taken to protect archaeological sites.
On this occasion the Prime Minister also expressed views regarding the destruction of the Kurunegala archaeological monuments.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023