Public received intended relief – Cabraal
Posted in Local News
State Minister of Finance, Capital Market and State Enterprise Ajith Nivard Cabraal said, with the reduction of sugar tax to 25 cents the public received the intended relief.
He made this statement in Parliament yesterday. The State Minister said, some had charged the proposed relief to the public with the reduction of the tax had not reached them, but he insisted the process would not occur instantly but taking place presently.
Cabraal added the sugar agreement had been signed by the Government in a transparent manner and said there were no underhand or shady dealing in it.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By J.T. de Silva)
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023