Curfew in Western Province extended until November 9
Quarantine curfew imposed in the Western province has been extended by a week until 5.00 am on Monday, the 9th of November.
The quarantine curfew on the Western Province was imposed on October 29 and was scheduled to be lifted at 5 am tomorrow (November 02).
However, as per the latest update, the curfew will be lifted at 5.00 am on November 09.
Meanwhile, quarantine curfew will be imposed from 5.00 am tomorrow till 5.00 am on 09 November in Kurunegala Town area, Kuliyapitiya and Eheliyagoda Police areas.
The new directives were announced by the Head of the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak, Army Commander Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023