Rajitha granted bail
Former Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne, who was remanded over controversial press conference on ‘white van’, was granted bail by the Colombo magistrate’s court a short while ago.
The court ordered that Rajitha Senaratne be granted bail on two personal bail bonds of Rs 500,000 each.
Banning foreign travel for the parliamentarian, the court ordered the surrender of his passport to the court.
Further, Senaratne has also been ordered to record a statement with the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) after being discharged from the hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023