Ranil should step down as UNP Leader – Ravi Karunanayake
Former Deputy Leader of the UNP, Ravi Karunanayake, said the UNP Leader should take the blame for its predicament and leave, if he wants the Party to regain its past glory.
He said several frontline figures of the UNP were doing their best to remove Ranil Wickremesinghe as Party Leader. He added that UNP supporters longed for a new Leader.
Karunanayake asserted that he and former MPs Navin Dissanayake and Arjuna Ranatunga, would never ditch the Party, despite leaving their portfolios.
He assured that Wickremesinghe will not be allowed to cling to power, in violation of the party constitution. Karunanayake said Sagala Ratnayaka and Daya Gamage also wanted to remove Wickremesinghe as party leader.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Upatissa Perera)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
You joking Mr Karunanayake,
When will you realise that your are the MAIN CAUSE of UNP’s defeat in 2020?