Rathana Thero ends protest fast
Ven. Athuraliye Rathana Thera a short while ago ended the fast which he began demanding the resignation of Governors Azath Salley, M. L. A. M. Hizbullah and Minister Rishad Bathiudeen.
Rathana Thera claimed that he was prepared to sacrifice his life if need be in order to achieve his demands.
Governors Azath Salley and M.L.A.M. Hizbullah handed their letter of resignation to President Maithripala Sirisena earlier today (03).
Accordingly, Central Province Governor Maithri Gunaratne informed Rathana Thera of the resignations.
Following the resignations, the Thera ended the fast and he was taken to the Kandy Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023