Ravi Karunanayake’s lawyers file writ over arrest warrant
Posted in Local News
Lawyers of MP Ravi Karunanayake filed a petition before appeal court requesting to annul the arrest warrant issued against him by the Fort magistrate through a writ order.
Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake on Friday issued arrest warrants on Ravi Karunanayake and nine others over the Central Bank bond scam.
The CID officers yesterday (09) visited Karunanayake’s residence in Battaramulla for the third consecutive day, however, they were unable place him under arrest.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
“Run with the hare and hunt with the hound” could be the most appropriate old saying.
All these much expected absconding cover up activities could be possible only with the collusion of the higher ups as in the case of Arjun Mahendran.
Only when money is in the lap, there will be fear on the way.
Why should anyone come to the conclusion that if an investigation is launched that one will be punished ?
Why cannot we hope on the contrary that their innocence will be established?
Any guy who pretends he is enforcing the law and steals on his authority is an aggressive and violent criminal. The worst type of these punks and crooks is the big politician.
Aiding and abetting a wanted person to abscond an investigation and scuttle the perfection of the judicial process is a mortal crime.
How come the former PM honcho, Ranil, aka Ponil, of the former infamous Yahapalanaya regime is not arrested yet?
This Ponil nincompoop piece of sh*t, yes, he turned a blind eye to this colossal robbing of our Central Bank (CB), with Bond value manipulations, which became the biggest financial crime in SL’s history! It is common knowledge now that this was done, allegedly, by this equally loathsome piece of sh*t, Arjun Mahendran, who was his close friend, someone who he personally brought down from Singapore and plunked him into that position!
Dear Prez Gota, we are watching…we want action…as such, please ensure the AG of our nation abides by the book strictly here and ensures that all these other “untouchables” guilty parties are not spared this time. This is a NATIONAL SCANDAL of monumental magnitude that brought hardship on the common man/woman in SL for generations and so it must be resolved with all due urgency, transparency and for good!