Rupee devaluation: Government agrees to revise drug prices
Permission was granted yesterday (March 10) to increase the price of medicine in a reasonable manner relative to the exchange rate, State Minister of Drug Production, Supply and Regulation Professor Channa Jayasumana stated.
The State Minister told the media a gazette notification would be issued announcing revised prices.
Accordingly, he assured that there will be no shortage of medicine in the country.
Professor Jayasumana said that they were planning to introduce a pricing formula for medicine. It would help change the imported medicine prices according to the fluctuation of the rupee.
The price revisions were to be announced yesterday evening or today (March 11) for pharmaceuticals that are under price control.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023