Sajith calls for all party conference over COVID
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa has requested the government to call an all party conference and formulate a plan to safeguard the public from the coronavirus pandemic.
Issuing a statement the Opposition Leader said the government must understand the importance of finding solutions through a joint effort, instead of reaching arbitrary decisions, regarding the national and global crisis that has been ongoing for two years.
MP Premadasa charged the government of failing to formulate short-term, mid-term or long-term plans, while several other countries have implemented such plans, amidst the prevailing challenges.
He claimed instead the government is bringing up various topics on a daily basis.
The Opposition Leader stressed this is not a time to reach decisions arbitrarily, to gain political benefits.
He said the government will have to face the consequences of comparing the rising death toll and number of infections in Sri Lanka, with other countries.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023