Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families
After settling the controversial electricity bill of MP Namal Rajapaksa, State Minister for Water Supply Sanath Nishantha has decided to pay the electric bills of low-income families of members of the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP).
While posting a message, he mentioned that he was glad to learn about the electricity bill settlement of MP Namal Rajapaksa.
Therefore, he had decided to pay the electricity bills of the people from low-income families through his Sanath Nishantha foundation.
He requested that the members of the SLPP low-income families send a photo of their electricity bill through WhatsApp at 077 7449492 or to call the foundation at 032 2259130.
On Monday (October 02), Minister Sanath Nishantha settled the controversial unpaid Rs. 2.6 million electricity bill of MP Namal Rajapaksa, which was being circulated on social media under the letterhead of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB).
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Chaturanga Pradeep Samarawickrama)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023