SIU probes police errors over bail granted to 9 copper factory workers
Posted in Local News
The Police Special Investigation Unit (SIU) has commenced a special investigation to find out whether possible faults in submissions to courts on the 9 employees of the Copper Factory in Wellampitiya have occurred.
Police Media Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekera said at a media briefing held at Colombo today that if such faults have occurred as a result of the Police, strict laws will be implemented against them.
Ten employees of this Copper Factory were taken into custody in connection with the terrorist attacks on Easter Sunday and 9 of them were released on bail day before yesterday.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
The police ought to be concious of the fact that people arrested under the emergency laws should be held in confinement until those who arrested them give clearance until they say and police nor the courts have the jusrisdiction have no right to grant them bail under any c ircumstance and only prison doctors should be responsible for their health and consultation with outside doctors and they should be brought to the prison for examination!