SJB files petition against 20A
Posted in Local News
The main Opposition Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) filed a special petition in the Supreme Court today against the draft of the 20th Amendment to the Constitution brought in by the Government.
In its petition, the SJB said the draft of the 20A was illegal and that it should be approved at a referendum and with a two-thirds majority in Parliament.
SJB Secretary MP Ranjith Madduma Bandara has named the Attorney General as the respondent in the petition.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Thilini De Silva)
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023