SLFP decides on symbol to contest Local Government polls
The Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) has reached a decision as to which Local Government institutions it will contest under the party’s “Hand” symbol and those it will contest under the “Helicopter” symbol of the Freedom People’s Alliance.
Accordingly, the SLFP will contest the upcoming Local Government polls in the Northern and Eastern Provinces as well as in the Polonnaruwa District under the ‘Hand’ symbol.
The Colombo, Kurunegala, Puttalam, Monaragala and Hambantota districts will be contested under the ‘Helicopter’ symbol of the newly-formed alliance.
Meanwhile the SLFP intends to contest remaining provinces and districts under both the ‘Hand’ and ‘Helicopter’ symbols, the source said.
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023