Sri Lanka Parliament prorogued till February 08
Sri Lanka Parliament will be prorogued till February 8, 2023 from midnight today, President’s office said.
Accordingly, the third session of the ninth Parliament will be prorogued by President Ranil Wickremesinghe with effect from midnight today (January 27).
A spokesman from the President’s office said this was a procedural move.
Parliament will therefore meet on February 8, 2023 where President Ranil Wickremesighe is expected to make a policy statement.
The Extraordinary Gazette Notification on the prorogation of Parliament has been directed to the State Printing Corporation to be printed.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023