Sri Lanka President marks second anniversary in office today
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa marks the second anniversary since ascension to the Presidency today (18).
The President secured a clear mandate at the last Presidential Election, held on November 16, 2019 for the implementation of his National Policy Framework “Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour” which contained the national programme that was crafted during nearly four years by incorporating his vision with the ideas and recommendations of national organisations.
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa was sworn in as the seventh Executive President of the country at the historic Ruwanweli Maha Seya premises on November 18, 2019.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Thanks. Like the LTTE plague, COVID also chose your time!
Thinking of the collapse of SL’s major income source tourism, you managed well. But one day if you think why you wasted time on both, thinking of the response of SL’s population and the political parties, I will forgive you. It is a population and politicians depend on borrowing foreign debut for existence. They believe the government bringing rice from the moon to give them free and life-time subsidised fuel, electricity, free education and then government finding jobs for them. Since they live in cesspit of they own making, they do not see how things are done in so called developed countries. How pathetic! Let them rub thousand year old granite statues and their proud history, go om protest march and spread COVID to bring the next wave and forget about impending disaster.
“Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour”. More like doom and gloom. Where did he get this meaningless slogan from. It is just a “mantera”