Sri Lanka to further extend the duration of power cuts
The third Coal power plant in Norochcholai has been shut down due to a technical fault, the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) said.
Therefore, the duration of the daily power cuts may need to be extended, according to PUCSL chairman Janaka Ratnayake.
He said the exact hours of power cut will be announced in due course.
UPDATE – 12:40 PM: Due to the technical fault of the Norocholai third coal power plant, the PUCSL has approved a three-hour power cut today (September 27) and a two-hour and twenty-minute power cut tomorrow (September 28).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023