Sri Lanka to launch a new online passport application system today (June 15)
The Sri Lanka government will launch the new online passport application system today (June 15).
Accordingly, the new system will be launched under the patronage of the President Ranil Wickremesinghe, with the participation of the Minister of Public Security Tiran Alles at the Homagama Divisional Secretariat.
Under the new system, applicants will be able to receive the new passports within a span of three days.
However, the one-day service of issuing passports at the Immigration and Emigration Department will continue to operate as usual, according to the Minister of Public Security Tiran Alles.
The government announced this new online passport application system in response to reports of middlemen causing disruptions in the passport issuance process.
Under the new system, individuals can conveniently apply for passports from their residences by visiting www.immigration.gov.lk.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023