Sri Lanka wins toss, bowls in 3rd ODI vs. New Zealand
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews won the toss and elected to bowl Saturday in the third limited-overs cricket international against New Zealand at Eden Park.
The seven-match series is level at 1-1 after New Zealand won the first match by three wickets and Sri Lanka won the second by six wickets.
Sri Lanka made one change to its lineup for the match, opting for a three-pronged seam attack by naming Dhammika Prasad in place of spinner Rangana Herath.
New Zealand made two changes, swapping fast bowlers Adam Milne and Trent Boult for Tim Southee and Mitchell McClenaghan as it continues a rotational selection policy in the leadup to the World Cup.
New Zealand: Brendon McCullum (captain), Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Ross Taylor, Daniel Vettori, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi, Nathan McCullum, Matt Henry, Tim Southee, Mitchell McClenaghan.
Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews (captain), Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Sachithra Senanayake, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dhammika Prasad.
Umpires: Billy Bowden, and Nigel Llong, England.
TV umpire: Ian Gould, England. Match referee: Javagal Srinath, India.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023