Sri Lankan on death row pardoned in Saudi Arabia
Posted in Local News
A Sri Lankan man on the death row was pardoned by the father of a young Saudi man run over by the expatriate in Saudi Arabia, foreign media reported today.
The driver had been ordered to pay SR300,000 (Dh300,000) diya (blood money) to the victim’s relatives in return for a pardon but he could not afford it.
“The father went to court and pardoned the man without the need to pay diya…when he was released, the Sri Lankan decided to convert to Islam,” Arar newspaper said in a report from the northwestern town of Qurayyat.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023