Sri Lankan woman who died in earthquake in Turkey identified
The body of a 64-year-old Sri Lankan female, who was living in Turkey and reported missing after last week’s earthquake, has been found by rescue teams and identified by her daughter, the Sri Lankan Embassy in Turkey said.
The deceased woman was 69 years old and from Galagedara in Kandy District had left for Turkey around 20 years ago, according to the Sri Lankan Embassy in Turkey.
Earlier, Sri Lankan Ambassador in Turkey Hasanthi Dissanayake stated that all 13 of the 14 Sri Lankans believed to be in the earthquake-affected areas of Turkey were safe and that they have already been traced.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023