Stay order on full face helmet ban extended
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal today extended the interim order staying the police circular to ban the use of full face helmets until July 2.
A petition argued that if a ban implemented on full-face helmets, it would greatly inconvenience motorcyclists in the country and therefore sought an interim order suspending it.
Laws pertaining to motorcycle helmets are included in the special gazette notification No. 644/26 (January 11, 1991) while these regulations have been prepared by the relevant ministry under the clause 158 (2) and 237 of the Motor Traffic (Amendment) Act (No. 21 of 1981).
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023