Swiss embassy staffer produced at court
Garnia Bannister Francis, the local employee of the Swiss Embassy in Colombo who was allegedly involved in an abduction case, was produced before the Colombo Magistrate’s Court by prison officers this morning (30).
She was remanded on December 16 for providing fabricated statements to the CID over an alleged abduction.
UPDATE: Local employee of Swiss embassy Garnia Bannister Francis granted bail by Colombo Magistrate’s Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023