Sybil Wettasinghe passes away
Posted in Local News
Veteran author and illustrator of children’s books Sybil Wettasinghe, fondly known as ‘Sybil Nanda’ in Sri Lanka, has passed away at the age of 93.
She had been receiving treatment at Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital following an illness.
Kala Keerthi Sybil Wettasinghe, the doyen of children’s literature in Sri Lanka, has been writing and illustrating stories for over 70 years.
Mrs. Wettasinghe had written acclaimed children’s books such as ‘Kuda Hora’, ‘Meti Gedara Lamai’, Uda Giya Baba’, ‘Kusumalatha’, ‘Duwana Revula’, ‘Sooththara Puncha’ and ‘Mallitai Matai’ that have been translated into several languages.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
May she attain a eternal bliss Nibbhana.