Third party testing clears Chinese fertilizer of harmful bacteria
Schutter Global Inspection and Survey Company, the third party testing organization selected by the Chinese company that is embroiled in a conflict with the Sri Lankan agricultural authorities, has cleared its samples of any harmful bacteria on the contrary to findings by Sri Lanka Plant Quarantine service, the company says.
Qingdao Seawin Biotech Group Company has shared the analysis report with the Sri Lanka media. Schutter’s test report says that no harmful characteristics- Coliform bacteria, Salmonella and ascarid- eggs were found in samples provided by the company. The tests have been conducted according to ISO 4832-2006.
The company has already sent a Letter of Demand asking for payment of US $ 8 million from SLPS Deputy Director Dr. W.A.R.T. Wickramarachchi.
Besides, the Chinese embassy in Colombo held talks with the Agriculture Ministry on the matter. The Ministry informed the Chinese side that the shipment of the controversial fertilizer stock would not be allowed into the country.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
Ha! Ha! Reliability of Sri Lankan testing services !!!! (That is assuming the Independent 3rd patry testing service is truly independent and not vulnerable to bribing or bullying). That is why I have such low opinion about my mother country.
Please note, the third party tester was chosen by the Chink Supplier.
The result, of course, was pre-determined!!!!