Time for a political truce for nation’s sake – Harin Fernando
It’s time all political parties put in a joint effort to pull the country through the current economic crisis together with the Government, SJB MP Harin Fernando said over the weekend.
Mr. Fernando came up with this remark talking to journalists after visiting former MP Ranjan Ramanayake in prison.
“It’s time all political parties went for a political truce and work according to common programme for the sake of the nation. All political parties should come together to launch a joint programme to run the country for a period of at least ten years,” he said.
“I don’t know whether the government would welcome my idea, but I feel all parties should come together for the sake of the nation. There should be a stable nation for us to engage in politics,” he added.
Mr. Fernando said even former MP Ramanayake also holds the idea of a political truce.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
If you can’t beat them, join them mate.
Ranjith, You have done good.
Always knew these telephone people are fake !!
Sure mate…..we should have done this before the Easter attack!!!
Cracks are emerging in the SJB due its intellectually impaired leadership.
Harin is finding it difficult to work with the Dumbhead.