Two Sri Lankan Parliamentarians suspended after uproar in Parliament of Sri Lanka
Two Sri Lankan parliamentarians were suspended from Parliament for the day (August 23).
Accordingly, MPs Nalin Bandara Jayamaha and Wasantha Yapa Bandara were suspended from Parliament following an uproar over an issue of allocating time for oral questions.
Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena suspended the MPs for rushing towards the Chair and shouting at Deputy Speaker Ajith Rajapaksa.
Sri Lanka Parliament was adjourned for 10 minutes as a result.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023