UPFA allies to join May Day Rally in Galle
The Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) and the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) have expressed their willingness to join the UPFA May Day Rally.
Mr. Douglas Dewananda from Elam People’s Democratic Party, Mr. Arumugam Thondaman from Ceylon workers Congress and Mr. Prabha Ganeshan from Democratic People’s Front had a discussion with President Maithripala Sirisena on this regard yesterday (April 27) at the Presidential Secretariat.
J. M. Vazeer, representing the Muslim National Congress which is under the leadership of A. L. M. Athaulla, Ariyawansa Dissanayake from Democratic United National Front, Sarath Manamendra from Nava Sihala Urumaya, A. S. P. Liyanage from Labour Party and Kamal Nishshanka from Liberal Party and P. H. S. Ajantha representing the Eksath Lanka Podujana Pakshaya also participated in this discussion.
The party representatives expressed their utmost willingness to work for the success of the May Day Rally and for the future progress of the United People’s freedom Alliance.
Speaking at the discussion, Mr. Douglas Dewananda said that the program of the new government has won the trust of the people in the North.
General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party Duminda Dissanayake and the General Secretary of the United People’s Freedom Alliance Mahinda Amaraweera also participated in this discussion.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023