Wage demands by uni lecturers are unfair – SB
The wage demands of the university lecturers are not sensible, Higher Education Minister S.B. Dissanayake stated in parliament today (July 18) in reply to a statement made by JVP MP Anura Kumara Dissanayake.
He stated that it was unfair of the university lecturers to demand higher wages when they are already being paid sufficient salaries.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023