Wage demands by uni lecturers are unfair – SB
Posted in Local News
The wage demands of the university lecturers are not sensible, Higher Education Minister S.B. Dissanayake stated in parliament today (July 18) in reply to a statement made by JVP MP Anura Kumara Dissanayake.
He stated that it was unfair of the university lecturers to demand higher wages when they are already being paid sufficient salaries.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Definitely too much.Their deamands are far above the National Salary Structure of the other wage earners.Education in our country is considered as an investment. But now the investment itself turns round to gobble the investor.How sad?