We have done nothing to destroy religious harmony: BBS
Bodu Bala Sena (BBS) General Secretary Galagodaatte GnanasaraThera today claimed they had done nothing to destroy religious harmony and whatever they did was in the open and exposed to the media.
“We do not act in secret. Whatever we do is known to the media. We have done nothing to disrupt religious harmony. Whatever we reveal is done with much care. There will be a blood bath in the country if we really reveal all what we know,” Ven. Gnanasara Thera said.
Ven. Gnanasara Thera said Pakistan extremist groups were attempting to use Sri Lanka as a transit point to attack India and pointed out that the security forces needed to tighten the security along the Northern and Eastern coastal belt more than it was done during the time of the war.
Responding to a question regarding the casino issue, he said it was the BBS which began the protest against establishing casinos in Sri Lanka and assured they would support those who act against the casinos like the JHU.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023