Who really owns Indian Media?
– by Shenali Waduge –
India with 1.2billion population of whom 82% are Hindus may be unaware of who owns and controls its media in the world’s largest democracy. Hindu India will be surprised to what extent since the open economy and despite laws in place its media is controlled by non-Hindus and the Church while Hindus are content being mesmerized with Bollywood or watching the Mahabharata on television. In establishing the ownership it is not too difficult to understand why people are castrated as “racist”, “extremist” “communal” and why political correctness is creating nightmares all over India.
Let us look at some of these Media Agencies in India.
· NDTV – is said to be one of the most popular tv news media but it is run by Spanish based Gospel of Charity. The same Charity is supporting Musharaff of Pakistan and also controls the newspaper INDIA TODAY. There are also allegations against NDTV bias related to the 2002 Gujarat riots accusing NDTV famous lady anchor and another said to have been given $5m by Saudis to cover only Muslim victims and Hindu families were not interviewed or shown on NDTV.
· Then there is CNN-IBN which is fully funded by the Southern Baptist Church in USA. The Church annually allocates $800 million (about 4000 crores) for promotion of its channel while India’s National parties (Cong, BJP) are said to spend about 600-700 crores in a general election. This channel coined the term “Hindu terrorism” / “Hindu bombs”
· The Times Group companies comprise of : Times Of India, Mid-Day, Nav-Bharth Times, Stardust, Femina, Vijay Times, Vijaya Karnataka, Times now (24- hour news channel) and many more…(print and electronic) Yet the Times Group too is owned by Bennet & Coleman. ‘World Christian Council does 80% of the funding, and an Englishman and an Italian equally share balance 20 percent. The Italian Robertio Mindo is a close relative of Sonia Gandhi. The Times Group has also bought over Hindustan Times and has control over several other newspapers of the group.
· We next come to STAR TV which again is controlled and funded by the Australian Robert Murdoch and supported by St. Peters pontification Church in Melbourne.
· The HINDU newspaper that we are all familiar with was recently taken over by Josua Society, Berne Switzerland and the editors wife is Swiss too.
· The Indian Express was divided into Indian Express (North India) and New Indian Express (South India) Indian Express is controlled and funded by ACTS Christian Ministries though the New Indian Express remains under Indian ownership.
· The Asian Age and the Deccan Chronicle are both owned by a Saudi Arabian company.
· HINDUSTAN TIMES is owned by the Birla Group but of late it is working with the Times Group. Hindustan Times and the Times of India are bitter rivals in media warfare!
· The Statesman and Kairali TV are however controlled and owned by the Communist Party of India.
· Eeenadu remains controlled by an Indian – Ramoji Rao who is also associated with the film industry/Andhra Pradesh.
· The Statesman is controlled by the Communist Party of India while Kairali TV, kerala is controlled by the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
One would be surprised to know that most of the regional papers in India are controlled and funded by foreigners and all this happened after India opened its doors to foreign investment mid 1990s (15 or so years)
There are surprising connections in family too (no different from Sri Lanka) – http://newindian.activeboard.com/t35010159/media-are-churchs-tools-to-cheat-indian-people/
· Suzanna Arundhati Roy is niece of Prannoy Roy (CEO of NDTV).
· Arundhati Roy meets Ghulam Nabi Fai in London and reiterates independence of ‘Kashmir’ from India. (June 2011) /Fai is arrested by FBI in July 2011. Fai was the conduit of Pakistan’s ISI to funnel money into USA for lobbing US Politicians against India.
· Fai also was involved in funnleing money into Jammu & Kashmir aiding Terrorists.
· N.Ram, P.Chidambaram & Mythili Shivaraman were part of this group. This group started a magazine “Radical Review”.
· Prannoy Roy sits Council on Foreign Relations’ International Advisory Board.
· Prannoy Roy married to Radhika Roy – sister of Brinda Karat (CPI(M)) who is the wife of Prakash Karat (CPI(M) – General Secretary) / Prakash was part of debating club in Madras (Chennai).
· Mukesh D. Ambani MD Reliance Industries, He also sits on CFR’s International Advisory Board.
· Sitaram Yechury – CPI(M)’s senior member of Politburo and Parliamentary Group Leader is married to Seema Chisthi
· Seema Chisthi is the Resident Editor of Indian Express
· Burkha Dutt works at NDTV. Her mother Prabha Dutt was a chief reporter for Hindustan Times.
· Bahar Dutt is sister of Burkha Dutt she works for CNN-IBN as an Environment Editor.
· Rajdeep Sardesai was Managing Editor at NDTV. He’s married to Sagrika Ghose
· Sagarika Ghose is daughter of Bhaskar Ghose – Director General of Doordarshan.
· Sagarika also works at CNN-IBN as senior editor and as an anchor.
· Sagarika Ghose’s aunt is Ruma Pal – former justice of Supreme Court.
· Sagarika Ghose’s another aunt is Arundhati Ghose – India’s permanent representative/ambassador to United Nations.
· Rajdeep is now Editor-in-Chief at CNN-IBN – a tie up between GBN (Global Business Network) and Turner International.
· GBN is a Network 18 company.
· CNN is one of Turner International’s assets.
· Dilip D’Souza was member of PIPFD whose father was Joseph Bain D’Souza.
· J.B.D’Souza was former Maharastra Chief Secretary and activist.
· Teesta Setalva member of PIPFD – married to Javed Anand
· Teesta and Javed run Sabrang Communications.
· Javed Anand is General Secretary of Muslims for Secular Democracy
· Javed Akhtar is spokesperson for Muslims for Secular Democracy and married to Shabana Azmi
· Karan Thapar owns ITV which produces shows for BBC
· Karan Thapar’s father was General Pran Nath Thapar COAS during 1962 war, when India lost under his watch.
· Karan Thapar was very good friend of Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari.
· Karan Thapar’s Mama was married to Nayantara Sahgal.
· Nayantar Sahgal is daughter of Vijayalakshmi Pandit – sister of Jawharlal Nehru.
· Romesh Thapar is Karan Thapar’s cousin.
· Romesh founded “Seminar” published from N.Delhi.
· Valmik Thapar is Romesh’s son.
· Valmik is married to Sanjana Kapoor – Shashi Kapoor’s daughter.
· Valmik is an Indian Natural Historian, expert on tigers and written several books.
· Romilla Thapar is aunt of Valmik Thapar (niece of Pran Thapar)
· Romilla is a Marxist Historian.
· Medha Patkar is a leading spokesperson for Narmada Bacho Andolan. NBA was helped by Patrick McCully of International Rivers (formerly Internal Rivers Network.)
· Angana Chatterjee was on the board of IRN
· Dipti Bhatnagar was an Intern/Volunteer at IRN and an activist at NBA.
· Dr. Angana Chatterjee part of PROXSA
· PROXSA mother-ship of FOIL
· ASHA endorsed by FOIL
· Sandeep Pandey co-founder of Asha for education (ASHA)
· Dr. Angana Chatterjee is married to Richard Shapiro
· Richard Shapiro is Director and Associate Professor of the Grad. Anthropology Prgm at CIIS.
· Richard was barred from entering India in 2010.
· In 2009, Angana and Richard attended the 10th International Kashmir Freedom Conference (IKFC).
· IKFC was organized by Kashmir American Council (KAC) to Internationalize Jammu & Kashmir.
· Ghulam Nabi Fai is the Executive Director of KAC.
· Fai was arrested in July 2011 by the FBI, leveling several charges.
· Dileep Padgaonkar attended one of the KAC ‘International Conferences’.
· Dileep is one of the three interlocutors for Jammu & Kashmir.
· Kuldip Nayar attended one of the KAC ‘International Conferences’.
· Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajinder Sachar attended one of the KAC ‘International Conferences’.
· Rajinder Sachar was appointed by Manmohan Singh to head a high level Committee which prepared a report on the socio-economic & educational conditions of Muslims in India.
· Gautam Navlakha attended one of the KAC ‘International Conferences’.
Gautam joined Angana and others under the umbrella International People’s Tribunal on Human Rights and Justice (IPTK).
· KAC conducted a conference in 2009 in Washington DC attended by Howard Schaffer.
· Howard along with his wife Teresita have written books on J&K, with US-Pakistan relationship as the basis.
· Tereista and Howard have been US Ambassadors to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and/or Bangladesh. She is the co-founder of the website site SouthAsia.com
· Shubh Mathur co-wrote a letter with Angana on ‘Humanitarian Crisis in J&K’
Biju Matthew is co-founder of FOIL.
· Vijay Prasad is co-founder of FOIL.
· Vijay Prasad co-authored with Angana Chatterjee and wrote against IDRF.
ASHA has association with AID which works with FOSA
· FOSA started by a Pakistani – Ali Hasan Cemendtaur.
· Amitava Kumar associated with FOIL
· FOIL & FOSA opposed California Text Book Edits.
· California Text Book Edits was opposed by Michael Witzel.
· M.Witzel is Wales Professor of Sanskrit at Harvard University.
· Rahul Bose is brother-in-law of Khalid Ansari.
· Khalid Ansari is the Chairman of Mid-Day Group of Publication based in Mumbai and Chairman of M.C.Media Ltd.
· M.C.Media Ltd. has a join-venture with BBC for FM radio broadcasting.
· Khalid Ansari’s father was Abdul Hameed Ansari.- a freedom fighter and active Congressman.
· Dr.John Dayal worked as a journalist with the N. Delhi edition of Mid-Day.
· Narasimhan Ram is the Editor-in-Chief of ‘The Hindu’ – part of a CPI(M) debating club along with Prakash Karat
· N.Ram’s first wife was Susan – an Irish, was in charge of Oxford University Press publications in India.
· N.Ram and Susan’s daughter is Vidya Ram – a journalist.
· N.Ram is now married to Mariam.
· N.Ram, Jennifer Arul and K.M.Roy participated in closed door Catholic Bishops Conference of India in Thrissur, Kerala.
· Jennifer Arul is the Resident Editor and Bureau Chief in South India for NDTV.
· Jennifer Arul is Chief Operating Office for Astro Awani – Indonesian news and information channel.
· Jennifer Arul is also Managing Editor and COO of “NDTV Hindu”.
· NDTV-Hindu is a Chennai specific channel from NDTV and “The Hindu”.
· K.M.Roy was a reporter in “The Hindu” – the General Editor of the group of the “Mangalam” Publications.
· Mangalam Group of Publications was started by M.C.Varghese
· K.M.Roy received the “All India Catholic Union Lifetime Award”
· All India Catholic Union’s National Vice President is Dr.John Dayal – also Secretary General of All India Christian Council (AICC) Its President is Dr. Joseph D’souza
· Dr. Joseph D’souza founded Dalit Freedom Network (USA)
· Dr.Joseph D’Souza participated in the inaugural Religious Freedom Day
The Religious Freedom Day was attended by former Republican Senator Rick Santorum
· AICC claims Confederation of SC/ST Organizations (India) as a sister organization.
· AICC claims Christian Solidarity Worldwide (UK) as a sister organization.
· AICC claims Release International (UK) as a sister organization.
· Release International states it supplies bibles and literature to meet the need of growth and evangelism.
· Dalit Freedom Network’s partner’s with Operation Mobilization India.
· OM India’s South India Regional Director is Kumar Swamy
· Kumar Swamy is the State President of Communal Harmony Committee.
· Kumar Swamy serves with Karnataka State Human Rights Commission.
· OM India’s North India Regional Director is Moses Parmar.
· Moses Parmar serves as North India Public Relations officer of the All India Christian Council (AICC)
· OM seeks to plant and strengthen churches in areas of the world where Christ is least known.
· OM ministries work with Dalit-Bahujan people in India.
· Operation Mercy Charitable Company (OMCC) grew out of OM India
· OMCC works with Dalit Freedom Network.
· DFN has Dr. Kancha Illaiah on its Advisory Board.
· Dr. Kancha Illaiah is a Professor in Osmania University, Hyderabad.
· DFN has William Armstrong on its Advisory Board.
· William Armstrong is a former US Senator from Colorado (Republican) – President of Colorado Christian University.
· Colorado Christian University’s one of the strategic objective is to share the love of Christ around the World.
· DFN has Udit Raj on its Advisory Board.
· Udit Raj claims Joseph Pitts as a great friend of India.
· Joseph Pitts is a Republican US Congressman from Pennsylvania
· Joseph Pitts sent a letter to Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State USA, requesting USA to deny visa to N. Modi – Gujarat CM
· Joseph Pitts has led a Congressional delegation to Pakistan & India.
· Joseph Pitts is Founder and Co-Chairman of the “Kashmir Forum”.
· Joseph Pitts along with Congressman John Conyers introduced legislation condemning actions of N.Modi.
· John Conyers is Congressman from Michigan’s 14th congressional district.
The 14th district contains Dearbon, a major city.
· Dearbon has the largest Arab Americans for a city of its size.
· Udit Raj is member of National Integration Council, Government of India.
· Udit Raj is National Chairman of Buddha Education Foundation. He also is National Chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organizations and leads the Dalit International Foundation as well as the Lord Buddha Club and was part of an international Steering Committee on Kashmir – Majid Tramboo promoted the Steering Committee.
· DFN has Baroness Caroline Cox on its Advisory Board.
· Baroness Caroline Cox is Deputy Speaker, House of Lords, England.
· Suhasini Haidar is daughter of Subramanian Swamy and daughter-in-law of Salman Haidar – retired as Foreign Secretary in 1996. Later appointed as High Commissioner to the UK and served as India’s ambassador to China.
· Salman has written weekly columns for “The Statesman” and was Minister/Deputy permanent representation of India at UN. He also directed South Asian Political Initiative, a Ford Foundation funded project.
· Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd brings out The Deccan Chronicle newspaper.
· DCHL also brings out “Andhra Bhoomi” a telugu newspaper.
· DCHL also brings out “Asian Age.”
· DCHL became a publishing parter of “The New York Times”.
· DCHL began publishing ‘The International Herald Tribune’
· T.Venkatram Reddy is the Chairman of DCHL.
· T.Venkatram Reddy is fromer MP, Rajhya Sabha from Congress.
· M.J.Akbar was Editor-in-Chief of Deccan Chronicle and Asian Age.
· M.J.Akbar is Founder and Chairman of the fortnightly the Covert.
· M.J. Akbar worked at ‘Times of India’, ‘Sunday’ & ‘The Telegraph’
· M.J.Akbar was an Congress MLA from 1989 to 1991.
· M.J.Akbar joined The Brookings Institution, Washington in 2006, as a Visiting Fellow on U.S. Policy Towards the Islamic World.
· M.J.Akbar was a member of the ‘Forum of Islamic Scholars and Intellectual’ held in Makkha al-Mukaramma in 2005.
· M.J.Akbar’s wife is Mallika Joseph.
· Mallika Joseph worked at Times of India.
· SUN TV Network is owned by Kalanidhi Maran.
· Kalanidhi Maran is the Chairman & Managing Director of SUN TV Network.
SUN TV network owns: Sun TV, Gemini TV, Teja TV, Surya TV, Kiran TV, Udaya TV, Surjo TV among other channels.
· Kalanidhi Maran owns the tamil daily ‘Dinakaran’.
· Dinakaran was started by a former DMK Minister K.P.Kandasamy.
· Kalanidhi Maran’s brother is Dayanidhi Maran.
· Dayanidhi Maran was Minister of Communications and IT in the UPA government.
· Kalanidhi Maran’s father was Murasoli Maran.
· Murasoli Maran was a Union Minister from the DMK party.
· Murasoli Maran edited a tamil daily ‘Murasoli’.
· Murasoli Maran was an editor to ‘The Rising Sun’ a English weekly.
· Murasoli Maran as a publisher published the following tamil magazines: Kungumam, Muththaram, Vannathirai & Sumangali.
· Murasoli Maran’s uncle is M.Karunanidhi.
· M.Karunanidhi was Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, from the DMK party.
· M.Karunanidhi launched Kalaignar TV in 2007.
· M.K.Azhagiri owns Kalaignar TV.
· M.K.Azhagiri is M.Karunanidhi’s son.
· M.K.Stalin is another son of the M.Karunanidhi – named after Joseph Stalin/ the authoritarian leader of the Soviet Union. Stalin was Minister for Rural Development and Local Administration in Tamil Nadu.
· Kanimozhi is one of the daughters of M.Karunanidhi.
· Kanimozhi was a sub-editor for the ‘The Hindu’.
· Kanimohi was Editor in Charge of ‘Kungumam’ a tamil weekly.
· Kanimozhi became a Rajya Sabha member in 2007.
· Kanimozhi conducted programs in SUN TV and Vijay TV.
· Kanimozhi’s second husband G.Aravindan is Singapore based Tamil literary figure.
· STAR Vijay TV is a tamil TV channel.
· Vijay TV is owned by STAR TV
· STAR TV is owned by News Corporation based in Hong Kong.
· News Corporation is owned by Rupert Murdoch.
· Fox Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of News Corporation.
· FEG owns Fox News Channel, in USA.
· Fox News is a conservative, pro-church Republican Party channel in US
· News Corporation owns the The Wall Street Journal
· Jaya TV is a Tamil TV channel – owned by Jaya Network.
· Jaya Network is owned by J.Jayalalitha the one and only Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (AIADMK party)
· Asianet Communications Limited (ACL) has a majority stake in Asianet TV.
· ACL is owned by Jupiter Entertainment Ventures Limited (JEVL).
· JEVL is a subsidiary of Jupiter Capitals Ltd.
· The other media outlets of ACL are: Asianet News, Asianet Plus, Best FM 95, Asianet Suvarana, Suvarna News, Asianet Sitara and Sitara News.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar is the Chairman & Editor-in-chief.
Rajeev Chandrasekar entered Rajya Sabha in 2006.
Rajeev Chandrasekar’s uncle is M.K.Narayanan
· M.K.Narayanan was National Security Advisor and headed the Intelligence Bureau from 1987 to 1990.
· Shashi Tharoor is an Indian Diplomat / MP and son of late Chandran Tharoor.
· Chandran was a journalist working for Amrita Bazar Patrika of Calcutta.
· Chandran headed “The Statesman” in 1959.
· Ishaan and Kanishk are twin sons of Shashi.
· Ishaan lives in Hong Kong and works for “Time” magazine.
· Kanishk lives in London and works for “OpenDemocracy”.
· Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan is a sister of Shashi.
· Smita Tharoor is another sister of Shashi.
· Ragini Tharoor Srinivasan is daughter of Shobha.
· Ragini is the editor of “India Currents”.
· Shobha writes in “India Currents”
· India Currents is an Indian American monthly.
· Shashi’s first wife was Tilottama Mukherji from Kolkata.
· Tilottama was/is a journalist and scholar.
· Sahshi’s second wife is Christ Giles, a Canadian.
· Christa is Deputy Secretary of the United Nations Disarmament Commission.
· Mukundan Unni was Shashi’s maternal uncle.
· Tharoor Parameswar was Chandran Tharoor’s elder brother.
· Parameswar was the founder publisher of the Indian edition of “Reader’s Digest”.
· Param resurrected & presided the Advertising Club of Bombay.
· Param was also the Advertising Manager of Amrita Bazar Patrika.
· Shobhana Bhartia is the Chairperson and Editorial Director of Hindustan Times group
· Shobhana is the daughter of KK Birla; grand daughter of GD Birla.
· KK Birla joined INC (Congress) party in 1984.
· KK Birla was later elected Rajya Sabha member in 1984.
· Shobhana is married to Shyam Sunder Bhartia
· Shyam is the Chariman of Jubliant Organosys Ltd, a Pharma company
· Shyam is the son of late Mohan Lal Bhartia.
· Shamit Bhartia and Priyavrat Bhartia are their sons
· Shamit is a Director at the Hindustan Times group.
· Shobhana was nominated for Rajya Sabha in 2006.
· Shobhana is politically affiliated to INC (Congress).
· She was nominated by UPA headed by Sonia Gandhi.
· Shobhana was a 2005 Padma Shree award. This was after UPA formed the government in 2004.
· Priyavrat is a Director at the Hindustan Times group.
· Shamit heads franchises of Domino’s Pizza and Hot Breads.
· Shamit also looks after the chain store ‘Monday to Sunday’
· Late Madhavrao Scindia was a Minister from the INC (Congress) party.
· Jyotiraditya Scindia is Madhavrao’s son.
· Jyotiraditya is a MP from the INC (Congress) party.
· Karan Thapar writes a weekly column in Hindustan Times.
· Vir Sanghvi writes two columns ‘Counter Point’ and ‘Rude Food’
· Barkha Dutt writes the column ‘Third Eye’
· Sonal Kalra is an editor of HT City a supplement of Hindustan Times and writes a column.
· Pallavi Aiyar is Brussels Correspondent for Business Standard.
· Pallavi was formerly China Bureau chief for “The Hindu”.
· Pallavi is the daughter of Swaminathan Aiyar.
· Swaminathan Aiyar is a Consulting Editor for Economic Times.
· Swaminathan regularly writes for the Economic Times & Times of India.
· Swaminathan is a research fellow at Cato Institute – a libertarian think-tank in Washington DC.
· Swaminathan acts as an occasional consultant to the World bank.
· Swaminathan claims he is a “liberal atheist” and married to a Parsi – Shahnaz.
· Swaminathan’s brother is Manishankar Aiyar who served in IFS for 26 years.before he came to work for Rajiv Gandhi in 1989 and held various cabinet level posts.
· Joseph Bain D’Souza was CEO of a housing project in which Mrinal Gore, PB Samant and Suresh Narvekar were trustees.
· N. Ram was a founder of Students Federation of India, CPI(M)’s student wing.
· N. Ram’s niece is married to Dayanidhi Maran.
· Joseph D’Souza is the head of All India Christian Council.
· Dalit Freedom Network operates out of a church in Colorado. Melody Divine is part of DFN and Melody Divine works for Arizona Congressman Trent Franks.
· Joseph D’Souza is listed in Pat Robertson’s 700 club, a group for fundamentalist Christians.
· Dalit Freedom Network is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
Its not too difficult to realize how well the Church has penetrated through every area of India to control every piece of information that is relayed to the Indian public. The situation appears not too different in Sri Lanka too.
The question is do Hindus of India realize that their Bharat and Vedic culture is at risk? Already the Hindus despite being 82% of the population are feeling they are the minority though they are in the majority. Is that not how the Sinhalese Buddhists are feeling too – Media, holds the key.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
Bollywood is the ideal diversion for these latrine coolies….who do not know their arse from an elbow….while the (foreign owned) media is shafting them…Big Time!..
Writer Waduge had made very informative research,and some selective findings and comments.
1.”Dalit Freedom Network is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.”
1. Comment: Evangelical’s mission and goal is to convert ALL, to Evangelical Christians and save from ending up in Hell.. This includes Catholics, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Animists, Muslims and other “non-believers”.
2. “Its not too difficult to realize how well the Church has penetrated through every area of India to control every piece of information that is relayed to the Indian public. The situation appears not too different in Sri Lanka too.”
2. Comment: This is their plan for “non-believers” to be saved from “Hell Fire”. See comment 1 above.
3. “The question is do Hindus of India realize that their Bharat and Vedic culture is at risk? Already the Hindus despite being 82% of the population are feeling they are the minority though they are in the majority. Is that not how the Sinhalese Buddhists are feeling too – Media, holds the key.”
3. Comments: Before, Hinduism was introduced to India, there were native beliefs, which were NOT inferior to the Hinduism and Brahmani Caste system and the Myths of Rebirth and racism. The old pre-Hindu beliefs were and more egalitarian. Buddhism, peeled off some Hindus from the Myths and racism, especially the Dalits, but replaced them with new Myths of rebirth.
The Hinduism was also introduced to the more Egalitarian natives of Lanka , the natives Yakkas, Nagas and Veddhas,and later Buddhism, where the Mahanama Monk subsequently synthesized the curse of Lanka, the Ethno-Sinhala Buddhism and Racism, demonizing the original natives and their beliefs for Nirvana, rebirth and giving the Monks a special place in the hierarchy. All these groups, including Budu Bala Sena, and numerous other myths are based on the above convoluted beliefs.
This is the reason why there should be Separation of Church and State. The Evangelicals are free to Practice in the USA and Europe and other countries. They will continue to SELL their belief of Heaven and Hell, with no scientific proof, like others before them, the Hindus, the Buddhists, Muslims, etc. etc have done. CAVEAT EMPTOR. Buyer Beware before you buy into the MYTHS.
However, writer Waduge brings up the current status of the Myth war that is being staged in India and Sri Lanka, between the OLD Myth followers and the New Myth followers and believers. It is competition between the myths of Rebirth, Nirvana, Heaven, Hell, etc, with no scientific support or data. All the support they can come up with is throw in their old unproven scriptures. Yes, we all can cite “Scriptures” of Aristotle and believe the Sun goes round the Earth, Joshua stopped the Sun moving, quote Mahanama and claim all the Mahavansa Myths.
Do you mean to say anything without scientific support is a Myth? You think of a certain flower. Say, it is a Rose. Can you prove to anybody what you thought of a Rose? No. Certain things you can’t prove.
Rebirth, Nirvana, Heaven, Hell – Can you at least with scientific support or data prove they are Myths?
Old Media: Scriptures and Religious Stories.Bible,etc.for Example Maaghawansa.
New Media: The writer Waduge describes,the current media revolution, owned by the Evangelists.However, the the scientific theory of Evolution and Natural Selection still prevails, despite all the Evangelical promotion of Intelligent design, and the Earth still goes around the Sun.
An objective glimpse of the narratives in the Mahavamsa is therefore pertinent to separate the myths from the facts, the nationalistic interpretation of the history from the factual scientific historical events and chronology.
The original Mahavamsa, or Mahawansha, is an historical poem written in Pali, which covers a period starting from the arrival of Vijaya (543 BC) to the time of Mahasena’s rule (334-361 BC). This section of the Mahavamsa was written in Pali by the Venerable Mahanama Thero, an uncle of King Dhatusena in the 6th century AD. Mahanama Thero compiled the first part of the Mahavamsa from a collection of historical records (diaries) of Sri Lanka, starting from 300 BC, kept by the Buddhists monks of the Mahavihara. The Mahavihara is the Buddhist monastery that King Devanampiya Tissa built for Mahinda Thero, who is believed to have brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka from India in 300 BC. In compiling the Mahavamsa, Mahanama Thero relied also on an earlier set of documents known as the Mahavamsa Atthakatha and another earlier compilation of chronological records of Lanka known as the Dipavamsa.
The genesis of this Sinhala race – the ‘chosen’ custodians of the Buddha’s teaching, according to the Mahavamsa – starts with the sexual union between a lion and a very pretty princess called Suppadevi, who was the daughter of the King of Vanga (modern Bangladesh) and his consort the Queen of Kalinga (a region in Orissa). In the Dipavamsa, the same princess was given the name Susima.
Not necessarily. Without a scientific support and without a proper rational support basis, it is not even a hypothesis, it is closer to a fairy tale, called a myth.
A flower, a rose, purpose is to make a another flower, and it goes back to the DNA and RNA. This is NOT rebirth. This is recycling of the elements, like the water cycle, evaporation from the oceans, rains etc.
Specific Myth Example we all know. Vijaya’s grandfather was a lion. Science can prove that even in Mother Africa, 3.5 million years ago, the homo-sapiens did not evolve from lions.
Aristotle’s drawings showed for 1,800 years the Sun was going round a stationary Earth. Hypothesis, but a myth anyway.
There is one Indian Myth, the Earth is standing on four elephants, and the elephants are on the giant turtle. Just Google it.
Conception, Birth and Death are Real.
Rebirth, Soul, Nirvana, Heaven and Hell are Imaginary and based on Belief Only as there is No proof.
If one analyzers the DNA of all these beings, fish, humans and even trees, one can find the bases. A, T, G, and C in various configurations to form genes. The homo sapiens that diverged from Chimpanzees and Gorillas about 3.5 million years ago in Mother Africa, have about 98.4% of genes that are common to humans. Given this data, one wonders if the Indian myths of Nirvana picked up by Buddhism can be proven? In the absence of proof, the faithful needs to keep believing in Nirvana and Rebirth for ever, as no proof can be given one way or another. Remember, Lord Buddha was a Hindu and he was taught the Hindu Myths of rebirth from an early age.
The interesting question to ask is at what stage of evolution did the soul creep into the DNA structure? Was it when the 23 chromosomes of each parent combined? When Nirvana is attained, are the chromosomes arranged in a particular way to form the Nirvana being? If so can you rearrange the chromosomes of the chimpanzees and gorilla as well, with 98.4% common genes, to attain Nirvana?
One can believe on this or one can wait for the data. Many still waiting for the data for Hell, Purgatory, Heaven, Nirvana and Rebirth. In the meantime, the Earth goes around the Sun, and rotates on its own axis, as Copernicus postulated in 1543 and confirmed by Galileo based on the phases of Venus.
Not much different for Christians, Muslims and Jews. Adam and Eve, Original Sin, Joshua stopping the Sum movement for a day, etc. etc.